Starting Out Safely is about children, parents, carers and early childhood educators working together to guide children’s learning in being and becoming safe and independent road users.
In delivering the program, ELAA is committed to the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and children with a disability.
This early childhood road safety education program, funded by VicRoads, has been developed through evidence-based research, in collaboration with leading early childhood experts and is based on best-practice principals.
This website includes information and resources for families, educators and anyone working with or transporting young children to help them stay safe and become independent road users.
- Child car seats – keeping children safe
- Child car seats – multilingual information
- Information and resources for educators and parents
- Professional Development training and information sessions – training for Victorian teachers and students
- ThingleToodle visits – education sessions for Victorian pre-schoolers
- Road Safety Education Policies for early childhood services and Family Day Care
- Research about road safety