ThingleToodle is Starting Out Safely’s road safety mascot, a well-known and much loved part of Victoria’s road safety education program.
Together with his friend Professor E. Speriment, ThingleToodle visits funded kindergartens across Victoria to share with the children some key road safety education concepts including;
- holding hands with an adult before crossing the road
- Stop! Look! Listen! Think! before crossing the road
- the importance of using child car seats or booster seats correctly
The ThingleToodle education sessions are just one of many opportunities to include road safety education in the early learning curriculum.
ThingleToodle visits a kindergarten
To be added to the ThingleToodle education session request list please email email@example.com and include service name, educator name/s and number of children (in the funded 4 year-old kindergarten program/s)
Educators and service providers please note; Numbers are limited for this popular education incursion. To request this education incursion, educators should have undertaken the Starting Out Safety professional development training. A waiting list applies for this incursion. The incursions are available in Victorian school terms 2 to 4.
Information for your ThingleToodle visit
We have some fantastic information to complement the ThingleToodle education sessions.
This information can be used anytime to enhance your early learning program – even if ThingleToodle isn’t able to visit your service.
- information for services to prepare for a visit, with practice suggestions to make the most of the visit,
- visit certificate for children which includes information for families
- ThingleToodle song sheet to practice the words at home (see the Youtube videos below).
‘Stop Look Listen Think’ – ThingleToodle